I've been trying to find a recipe that uses yogurt as the tub in my fridge will be expiring soon, and i definitely have to use it up by this week as i'll be away for 2 weeks from this saturday. Went back to the usual blogs, and found one "Another Yogurt Cake" by HappyHomeBaker.
The result of the cake doesn't turn out what i expected it to be, as it was rather dense and heavy. Other than that, the cake is very flavourful, and of course, you can't go wrong with fresh blueberries. Not too sure whether i did anything wrong in the preparation, but i will attempt this yogurt cake again when i return.
100g caster sugar
60g brown sugar
95g ground almond
140g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
125ml olive oil
1. Preheat over to 180 degC. Grease and line 8" round pan with baking paper.
2. Mix yogurt, sugar and eggs.
3. Add ground almongs and sieve over flour and baking powder. Mix till combined.
4. Fill 2/3 of the batter in the pan, arranged blueberries on the batter and pour the rest of the remaining batter over the blueberries.
5. Bake at 180 degC for 40-50 mins or until skewer comes out clean.
6. Let cool in pan for 20mins before unmoulding.