Saturday, March 28, 2009

French Toast

a special heart-shaped french toast for little zak

I baked my 2nd loaf of hokkaido milky bread on Thursday night, and since I didn't leave the loaf in the breadmaker overnight, the skin is not as hard as the 1st one. The texture of bread is also softer and much nicer this time. Anyway, I've some left-over bread today, and i woke up early to make simple and easy french toast for our breakfast, just in time before T leaves for work. Me and little baby had our warm and fresh french toast with a cup of Milo. Simple luxury ;-)




Ingredients/ Method
6 slices of bread, sides cut off
3 eggs (small sized)
1/2 tsp sugar (not sweet enough, can increase to 1/2 tbsp)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup fresh milk
butter

1. Beat eggs, and add milk, sugar, salt. Mix well.
2. Oil frying pan with butter.
3. Coat bread in egg mixture, and transfer to pan. Pan-fried on medium heat until golden brown.

4 comments:

Kitchen Corner said...

I just love french toast! especially for breakfast that just suit to my morning appetite.

quizzine said...

Hi Grace,
I've got extras that i can pass to you ;-)

Passionate About Baking said...

quizzine,
I also love french toast! yummy. How wrong can recipes go with eggs yah? Hahaha...

quizzine said...

HI jane,
Yah, i agree with u, and come to think of it, these little eggs definitely work wonders on everything!
Cheers,