Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Cranberry sauce



I've bought a punnet of fresh cranberries thinking of adding them to my fruits yogurt, but these are way too sour. I recalled seeing an easy cranberry sauce recipe before and decided that I would make them in order to "salvage" these cranberries. The fresh cranberries were put in the freezer and after more than 2 weeks, they still look "fresh"!

The steps are really easy but the results are not compromised. I'm very happy with how the sauce turn out so pretty & yummy, and I'm already thinking of making other jam using blueberries (as these are much cheaper than cranberries ...kekeke).


Ingredients/ Method:
(Recipe is halved as I've got only 170g cranberries)

100g caster sugar
130ml water
170g fresh cranberries

1. Bring water and sugar to a boil in a saucepan.
2. Add cranberries and return to a boil.
3. Reduce the heat and boil gently for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, till the cranberries have burst.
4. Let stand to cool completely at room temperature. The mixture will thicken as it cools. Store sauce in refrigerator for up to a week.


Stay tuned to see what I've done with these pretty cranberry sauce!

4 comments:

The Sweetylicious said...

nice!! but fresh cranberries arent easy to come by . . i'll stay tune coz my mum love cranberry! (:

j3ss kitch3n said...

this looks beautiful can't wait to see what you have in store for us!

Edith said...

Pretty!

quizzine said...

Hi Sweetylicious,
Oh yes, fresh cranberries are not readily available. I got mine from Fairprice Finest @ Thomson. I've posted the recipe for Cranberry butter cake ;-))

Hi j3ss, Hi edith,
Tks!