Yesterday was my bday and it is exceptionally tiring, and with a couple of new experiences, i truly enjoy my DAY!
1. Together with my boy, we went to Sugei Buloh Wetland Reserve. We tried the shortest route, which is the Mangrove track and mid-way, we stopped at one of the little huts, and he had his lunch whilst enjoying the sight of greeneries, insects, mudskipper, and sound of insects & birds singing. It's good to find such a 'ulu' place in bustling S'pore.
2. After the trip, we waited for the bus at the scheduled time. But somehow, the bus didn't turn up, and we were 'stranded' for almost an hour, and the sky has turned from bright and sunny to dark and gloomy. Just then, a lorry passed by, and the kind-hearted driver offered to bring us out of the 'ulu' place. Our very first hitch-hiking experience. However, I was 'reprimanded' by T for not thinking of our own safety!
3. Nothing usual is my baking, but i tried a new recipe, used my new mixer, baked in new baking tin, decorate in a new way! I was pretty excited when i tried my hand on the new mixer, and i think it really performs better than my old mixer. I made myself a cake in flower pot, i got this idea when i was surfing the net and the cake recipe was using Passion fruit yogurt pound cake from Honey Bee Sweets. It leaves a good after-taste and makes me crave for a second helping, and texture is smooth.
4. Surprisingly, my little baby sang 'Happy Birthday' to me whilst i was half-way baking! I gladly said thank you to him ;-)
5. I usually don't eat crab, but we went for crab dinner as my bday treat from my brother . We ordered the crab bee-hoon and 金沙螃蟹, they are superbly delicious! Of course, our cholesterol level is up by a few notches...kekeke
Passion Fruit Yogurt Pound Cake
150g plain flour
140g caster sugar (original uses 160g)
110g unsalted butter
70g plain yogurt
4 tbsp passionfruit juice (i used 3 passion fruit)
1/2tsp baking powder (original uses 1 1/2tsp, when i baked it, the quantity was missed out)
pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven at 180 deg C. Lined and greased cake tin.
2. Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, till well-mixed.
4. Add in yogurt till well mixed. Add in fruit juice and mix well.
5. Add in sifted flour, baking powder and salt, and mix well. Do not overbeat.
6. Bake for 40-45mins.
For anyone who wants to try their hand on flower pot cake, the decoration is easy, use crused oreo biscuits for the 'soil', and 'plant' the flower using satay stick.
Happy birthday to me!