Sunday, June 22, 2008

Cheese and Chocolate Chips Muffin



Hehehe.... just last week I told myself I'm not going to bake muffins until I've tried other recipes, but I still can't resist the temptation to bake something simple and nice. And also because we only had a meal throughout the day, I was feeling quite hungry whilst lazing in the bed with little zak, and I also wanted to "make up" for the previous lousy muffins I made.



I always like the type of cheese which you can find in those round pancakes sold at Mr. Bean. So when I was at AMKHub doing my groceries, I asked the aunty at Mr. Bean outlet which type of cheese they use, and she is so obliging to tell me and even show me the packaging. Immediately, I bought 1 pack of the cheese intended for my next muffins bake.




Following the same recipe from pax-recipe, I just replaced the mixed fruits to chocolate chips and cheese. Here's the recipe for easy reference.

Ingredients:
120g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
60g sugar
60g oil
80g milk
1 egg, beaten
1/4cup chocolate chips (original recipe uses 1/2 cup) or cheese cubes (quantity is up to individual)

1. Sift the flour. Set aside.
2. Mix all wet ingredients using mixer.
3. Add all dry ingredients to (2), and mix well. Add in chocolate chips or cheese cubes. (*Do not over-mix, should be done in less than 5 minutes.)
4. Scoup mixture into muffin cups, upto 2/3rd full.
5. Bake in pre-heated over at 170 deg C for 20 minutes, in lower rack.
6. Check doneness by inserting toothpick and it come out clean.
7. Remove from oven and cool.

I've made 2 portions of muffins yesterday, and had a few left for this morning breakfast. They are still soft and moist. Lovely!

2 comments:

My LiFe Is GrEat said...

hiii!!! i re ally enjoy reading ur post! just to check with u may i now wad type of oil do u use for ur cheese muffin?

quizzine said...

Hi My LiFe Is GrEat,
Thanks for dropping by and glad you enjoyed reading the posts as much as I enjoy writing the post (",)
Usually I would use any cooking oil that is available in my kitchen, it can be corn or canola, sometimes I use olive oil as well.
Enjoy baking!