Many times i got stuck in what i want to write in my blog, and how to start writing or have an opening statement... just like now.
Perhaps i should just leave it as Wordless Tuesday, or maybe not?
This Oreo Lemon non-baked cheesecake (aka icebox cheesecake) is made especially for my youngest aunt steph, whose birthday falls on this Thursday. We had a little celebration on Sunday and we will be getting a birthday treat from her this Friday. It's celebration-makan-and celebration-makan and more celebration-makan since Dec and it does not seem to end anytime soon ;-) That's how fortunate coming from a very big family like us!
(Recipe adapted from Food-4Tots with modifications)
11 slices of digestive biscuits
55g unsalted butter, melted
1. Crush the biscuits and mix with melted butter and press firmly in 8" round springfoam baking tin.
2. Refrigerate until ready to use.
1 tbsp gelatine powder
3 tbsp hot water
250g cream cheese, room temp
40g caster sugar
2 large egg yolks
zest from 1 large lemon
3 tbsp lemon juice (i doubled the amount and it was too sour)
2 tsp cointreau (can omit)
150g diary whipping cream
6 pieces of oreo biscuits, crushed finely
1. Dilute gelatine powder with hot water in small bowl until dissolve. Set aside.
2. Beat cream cheese and sugar until soft and creamy.
3. Add in egg yolks, followed by lemon zest. Mix well and set aside.
4. Pour dissolved gelatine powder into cream cheese mixture and mix quickly.
5. Add in lemon juice and cointreau. Mix well and set aside.
6. Whip cream with hand whisk till creamy and soft peak. Do not overbeat the cream.
7. Fold in whipped cream into cream cheese mixture until well combined.
8. Spoon filling onto crust. Smoothen the surface.
9. Spread crushed oreo biscuits onto the cake and press lightly.
10. Cover the baking tin with cling wrap and refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours (best overnight) until firm before serving.