Saturday, December 25, 2010

Aspiring bakers #2: Xmas cupcakes

This post is jumping queue and ahead of a few posts which have been kept in the inbox for months. The only reason is that there's a deadline for submission to Aspiring Bakers #2. I'm keeping this post very short, but nevertheless would like to wish everyone a
Merry Christmas and enjoy the joy the festive seasons bring you! Cheers <3<3<3


These decorated xmas cupcakes are all handcrafted as gifts for my colleagues. I used steamed chocolate cake recipe, but instead of steaming it, I baked them for about 20 mins at 180 degC.









These are very simply decorated with store bought figurines and dusted with snow powder, using the same recipe as above.



10 comments:

Bakericious said...

these cupcakes are so pretty. Again, Merry Xmas to you.

quizzine said...

Tks Jess, hope u & your family has a wonderful time too ;-)

Passionate About Baking said...

I love the colours you have on your cupcakes! They are very beautiful! The recipents are very lucky! ;)

quizzine said...

Hi Jane,
Thanks and I love these colours too ;-)) It was great to see smiles on their faces when they received it!

Small Small Baker said...

Thanks for joining this event! Do continue to support! Wishing you a great year in 2011. Happy New year!

quizzine said...

Hi Small Small Baker,
Yes, I will definitely continue to support the event where possible. Very happy 2011 to you & your family too!

Christina said...

Hi! Would you mind telling me how you imprint the wordings onto the fondant? I'm trying to make cupcakes for my 4 year old's birthday party at school in 2 weeks :)

quizzine said...

Hi Christina,
I used a stencils which I bought from kitchen capers. It comes in a small box and you can arrange any words with the small-tile alphabets. Wishing your boy a very happy birthday in advance!

Anonymous said...

very pretty cupcakes you have! would really like to learn from you how do you cut the fondant and the snow man figurines? is it storebought fondant? eileen

quizzine said...

Hi Eileen, sorry for the late reply. The fondant is home made and you can refer to the recipe here http://bakingoncloud9.blogspot.sg/2012/09/land-of-dinosaurs.html?m=1.
The fondant are cut out using whatever utensils I can get in my kitchen, like the snowman, I used the other end of piping tips, the hats are using knife to cut out into triangles, the scarfs are rolling the fondant into long & thin ropes. Lastly the smile is using straw, cut length-wise into half and indent on the face. Hopefully this helps & merry Xmas to you!