Monday, September 21, 2009

My nephew's 1st birthday

Following my earlier post, I finally had a chance to try out the fondant recipe for my little nephew's 1st birthday. It's really really fun to mould the fondant (like playing play-doh) and make any designs that fancy me or suitable for the occasion. These made paying for the baking class at Sugar Inc. worth every cent! However, before 'venturing' into fondant making, there are other 'investments' to be made, like getting a microwave oven - luckily my aunt got a spare one, & she happily pass it on to me as it free up her kitchen space...hahaha, alphabets cutter, big round 'base' cutter, wilton colourings, wanted to buy the 'pizza cutter' & 'jagger cutter' but they are rather expensive, so will have to find cheaper alternatives the next time.

Presenting my little fondant venture..... I'm happy with the outcome ;-)









6 comments:

Passionate About Baking said...

Hi quizzine,
Wow! I must say I can't believe it was your first own works! They looked so nice and professional! It's true that the workshop you attended at Sugar Inc is worth every cent! Keep up your creativity!

quizzine said...

Hi Jane,
Tks for your compliments! I'll continue to let my creative juices flow, and perhaps attend more courses if time permits ;-)

youfei said...

Hi quizzine,

Well-done on the fondant cupcakes! They look great!! I'm waiting to see the "bob the builder" cake for little Zac!! =ppp

quizzine said...

Hi Youfei,
Tks for your kind words! Little zak doesn't know bob the builder (yet), but maybe Thomas & friends or Barney & friends cake next! Hehehe ;-)

cherry potato said...

I like those fondant cupcake you have made.Very cute and nice.

quizzine said...

Hi cherry potato,
Tks, actually i love your mickey mouse fondant too!
Cheers,