These gourmet pizzas were made after 'consultations' with the two men in my house, cos they would be the main customers anyway. They are 3-cheeses, portobello & basil, and italian sausage pizza. The pizza dough is by Jamie Oliver.
Overall, the customers were happier with the outcome of the pizzas this time.
Pizza Dough, by Jamie Oliver
(Doubled the recipe of Batter Baker's, and made 4 x 7" thin pizza)
260ml lukewarm water
2tsp instant yeast
2tbs extra virgin olive oil
400g bread flour
1. Sprinkle sugar and yeast over water. Set aside for about 10 min till frothy.
2. Pour yeast mixture and oil into flour and salt.
3. Knead till smooth and springy (about 20 min by hand, 10 min by machine).
4. Place the ball of dough in a large flour-dusted bowl.
5. Proof for about 30 min or till it doubles in size.
6. While you wait, prepare the pizza topping.
7. Generously flour your work surface.
8. Tip out the dough and flour the top.
9. Press or roll out dough to a 7" circle. If dough keeps springing back on you, let it rest for a few minutes.
10. Prick the dough with a fork (so the dough won't balloon in the oven).
11. Brush the pizza base with little olive oil (this is to prevent the base from becoming soggy.)
12. Spread pasta sauce generously on the pizza base.
13. Place dough on a pizza stone sprinkled with bread crumbs or cornmeal, or on a greased and floured baking pan.
14. Bake at 220 deg C for about 10min.
15. Remove from oven and top with your favourite ingredients.
(for 4 x 7" pizza)
250g mozarella cheese
200g pizza topping cheese
Pasta/ Spaghetti sauce
(a) Mozarella cheese
(b) Pizza topping cheese
(c) Gouda chese
Portobello mushroom & basil:
(a) 1 pkt portobello mushroom, sliced & sauteed
(b) 1 pkt basil leaves
(a) 2 italian sausages
(b) Yellow & green capsicum
1. Spread half of mozarella cheese and followed by the ingredients.
2. Add the balance mozarella & pizza topping cheese.
3. Put back to the oven and continue to bake for another 10 mins at 220 deg C, or till brown.
4. Slice and ready to serve.