When i saw the marble cake baked by Baking Mum yesterday, i saved it under my *must try* receipe. However, when i woke up this morning, i thought maybe i should do it today since i've got a can of evaporated milk which can't be kept for too long. I woke up at 8am, play with my little baby and by 9.30am the cake is ready to be baked.
200g caster sugar
6 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla essence
270g self-raising flour
30g cocoa powder
1/2 to 3/4 cup evaporated milk
1. Preheat oven at 160 deg C.
2. Beat butter and sugar until white and fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time and mix well.. Then add in vanilla essence and evaporated milk and mix well.
3. Separate butter mixture into 2 portion. Fold in sifted flour into 1 portion of butter mixture and mix well. Pour mixture into lined cake tin.
4. Mix sifted cocoa powder into the other portion of butter mixture. Pour into flour-butter mixture and create marble effects by applying few strokes using knife.
5. Bake at 160 deg C for 1 hour. Cake is ready when skewer inserted come out clean.
6. Cool on wire rack.