Monday, December 26, 2011

Xmas macarons



Wishing all a (belated) Merry Christmas 2011!

It has been an extremely busy period for me now as my other half has got himself injured during our recent family holiday. Initially we thought that it's a not-so-serious bone fracture, but upon returning home, the CT scan showed that the crack is in rather bad shape. He was almost immediately admitted for an operation and will be in clutches for a long while. Hopefully he will recover and back in action soon! Meanwhile, pardon me for not being able to leave messages in your blog for this period, however I'll still be browsing your blogs as and when possible.



Here's my bake for our family xmas party which was 'constructed' after 2 failed macaron-ings, and even the 3rd attempt was 'haphazardly' done up and put into the oven. That's why you will realise that there's no pretty even shape macarons. As a result, only the little children in the family gets to eat the 'special' reindeers and xmas tree macarons. I guess a clear mind is definitely needed even for a tried and tested recipe.


I'm also submitting this post for this month Aspiring Bakers #14: Creative Christmas Bakes (December 2011) hosted by Hankerie.

5 comments:

Passionate About Baking said...

Merry Christmas quizzine! I hope your spouse recovers soon. Your macaron reindeer is really pretty! Doesn't bother me about the odd shape, anyway, reindeer don't have a definite shape too! LOL!

Edith said...

These are so cute. Have a blessed Christmas.

quizzine said...

Thanks, Jane & Edith <3

DG said...

What a cute macarons for this Christmas. Wish you and your family Happy New Year 2012 :)

Anonymous said...

hehe thses are too cute! i'm a bag fan of macarons, I gotta give these a try soon!
http://sugarpuffpuff.blogspot.com/
enjoy!