Sunday, August 22, 2010

Chocolate Swirls Cheesecake (II)



I was happily typing the title of this post, without realising that I had written a post with the same title "Chocolate Swirls Cheesecake" before. Scatter-brain. Referring back, the ingredients are quite identical except for the portion of each of them. And of course, I have forgotten that I had written in my earlier post that the (250gm) butter is excessive and I would like to cut it down. Anyway, this is another tasty chocolate swirls cheesecake shared by Bakericious, and again this taste like brownie to me. I guess I'm "infatuated" with swirls, chocolate + cheese (*_*)






Ingredients/ Method:
(A)
250g cream cheese, softened (reduced from 300g)
40g castor sugar (reduced from 50g)
1 egg
lemon zest from 1 lemon (not added in original recipe)


1. Beat cream cheese with sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add in lemon zest and give a few strokes to just incorporate into cream cheese mixture.
3. Beat in egg until well-mixed and set aside.


(B)
250g butter, softened
145g castor sugar (reduced from 165g)
4 eggs
4 tbsp cocoa powder
160g self-raising flour
1 1/4tsp baking powder
1 1/4tbsp chocolate milk (replaced with full cream milk)


1. Sieve cocoa powder, self-raising flour and baking powder and set aside.
2. Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Batter should look pale in colour.
3. Add egg one at a time and beat until well incorporated into the butter mixture.
4. Alternate flour and milk into the egg mixture, and beat on low speed until well-mixed.
5. Pour half of chocolate batter into prepared cake tin, followed by cream cheese mixture, and lastly the remaining chocolate batter. (I did mine in 6x6' square tin, and there are enough batter for another 6 medium-sized cupcakes.)
6. Bake in pre-heated oven at 180 deg C for 45 to 50 mins or until skewer comes out clean. (I bake the cupcakes first at 180 deg C for 20 mins, i guess 18 mins should be good enough.)


You might notice that the colour of the
chocolate in these cupcakes are not "rich"
enough, that's because I had scooped the
mixed batter from my square tin after realising
my 6x6' tin can't "accomodate" all the batter.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,what a coincidence, I baked this yesterday after i saw it was posted in bakericious'blog, and it's all finished just within a day.I reduce the cream cheese to 250g(just the size of a block),and omitted the egg there, hopefully can reduce some cholesterol here,a very fattening recipe but deliriously good too.
Sem

Passionate About Baking said...

Hi quizzine,
Gee, looks really very good. Tempting me to bake this also. Maybe I shall try since I still have cream cheese in the fridge. :) Thanks for sharing. I see you're back to baking again! :)

Kitchen Corner said...

I love chocolate and I love cheesecake too. These both are just a super combination. Thanks for sharing this recipe! Glad to see your baking again!

Bakericious said...

Hi quizzine, you are making me tempted to bake again, yummy yummy :)

quizzine said...

Hi Sem,
I guess the picture posted at bakericious is too irresistible ;-) Like you, I also used 250g cream cheese because the block only come in this size. Agreed these are very delicious, but got to find ways to keep the waist line..keke

quizzine said...

Hi Jane,
Hope I got you tempted! Try it out and I bet you will not regret, except for the waist-line part..keke
Yeah, back to baking again, and hopefully more to come (",)

quizzine said...

Hi Grace,
If I didnt remember wrongly, we have pretty common likings in food! That's a good thing cos I can 'copy-cat' most of your yummy recipes ;-)
I hope to be able to share more recipes with my energy back again, but at the moment, I'm catching up/copy-cat-ing recipes posted by fellow bloggers.

quizzine said...

Hi Jess,
First, you got me tempted with your yummy pictures, and now i got you tempted to bake this again ;-) Cool!