I bought a bunch of bananas thinking of baking something for lil baby's breakfast. Not the usual banana muffin, so end up with a soft & fluffy banana chiffon cake.
Small small baker has a variety of chiffon cakes, and that's where I get my recipe from here. I'm copying it here for future reference.
Ingredients (portion reduced to using 2 eggs for 6 inch tin)
2 egg yolks
1/8 tsp salt
60g banana puree (1 medium banana)
35g plain flour
1/8 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1. Combine egg yolks, salt, sugar and beat until pale in colour. Add oil and mix well. Add banana puree and mix well.
2. Fold in plain flour and bicarbonate of soda until batter forms.
3. Whisk egg whites and cream of tartar until frothy. Add in sugar gradually in 3 portions until stiff peaks form.
4. Gently fold in egg white mixture into the egg yolk mixture, 1/3 at a time.
5. Pour mixture into ungreased tin and bake at 170C for 25 mins.
6. Remove from oven and quickly turn the chiffon cake upside down on a wire rack.
7. Wait for the cake to cool completely before removing it from the tin.
Post a Comment