I'm copying the recipe here for easy reference. The original recipe is here.
6 slices of Cheddar Cheese
100ml fresh milk
100g unsalted butter
6 egg yolks
6 egg whites (preferably cold, place in fridge after separating)
100g caster sugar
100g cake flour
- In a heatproof saucepan, place the butter, fresh milk and tear up the cheddar chesee slices in.
- Place saucepan over medium low heat and stir gently until all is melted and mixed in together. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool before use.
- Ladle big spoonful of the milk mixture into the egg yolks. Mix well and then add in the rest of the milk mixture in. Stir well.
- Sift in the cake flour into the egg yolk mixture and make sure no lumps.
- Preheat the oven to 155C with a water bath.
- Grease and line an 8x8 square baking pan.
- In another large mixing bowl, add the egg whites in and beat till foamy. Add in the sugar gradually and beat till stiff peaks.
- Gently fold in 1/3 of the egg whites portion into the cheese mixture. And repeat with the other 2 portions and careful not to deflate it.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth out the surface.
- Bake the cake in the oven for 50 minutes or till the tester comes out clean.