I've referred to Anncoo blog who has the recipe in English, and copied here for ready reference. Overall the cake is really soft & fluffy, and taste like the old-time 鸡蛋糕, but my boy doesn't fancy it.
3 egg whites
65g icing sugar
3 egg yolks
1 whole egg
50g corn oil
65g self-raising flour
5g cocoa powder + 1 tbsp hot water
- In a mixing bowl, mix egg yolks and whole egg together with a hand whisk. Add in corn oil till combined. (I've used the mixer instead.)
- Sieve in self raising flour and mix well, set aside.
- Whisk the egg whites to bubbly at medium speed and add icing sugar into it in 3 batches and whisk to stiff peak.
- Add one third of meringue to egg yolk mixture and fold well with a rubber spatula. Then pour all the egg mixture into the meringue at low speed and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a 5 x 8 inch lined cake pan (or a 6 inch square cake pan), leaving 2 tablespoon of plain mixture and mix with the cocoa paste. Drop dollops of mixture on the top of cake. (I didn't lined or greased the pan at all.)
- Bake in preheated oven at 170C for 35 minutes.
- Overturn the cake immediately once cake is out of the oven. Leave to cool before cutting into slices.
Post a Comment