Alas I didn't read the recipe carefully on the 1st try and the bread didn't turn out soft and fluffy like it should be. The pictures were taken on the 2nd try.
Here's the recipe here for ready reference.
Condensed Milk Toast
Ingredients (for bread)
200g bread flour
15g condensed milk
3g dry instant yeast
20g condensed milk
1 egg, lightly beaten (for egg wash)
Almond flakes (for topping)
Icing sugar (optional)
- Mix all ingredients for bread in mixing bowl (except butter), using dough hook.
- Knead the dough for about 10mins and add in butter. Continue kneading till smooth (achieve window pane test).
- Cover the dough with cling wrap for an hour or until the dough double in size.
- Punch the air out of the dough. Roll the dough into a 12' x 8' long.
- Spread the glaze on the rolled dough.
- Cut into 4 strips and stack up. Cut into 8 portions.
- Arrange the dough around the inner ring of the greased 15cm chiffon pan.
- Cover the dough with cling wrap and let it proof for 4o mins or double in size.
- Brush the top of dough with egg wash and sprinkle with almond flakes.
- Bake at pre-heated oven 170 deg C for 25 mins.
- Remove from chiffon pan and dust with icing sugar.