During our recent grocery shopping at the supermarket, I saw a very beautiful pack of large portobello mushrooms, and how can I resist...hehehe. So our today's lunch is portobello mushroom stuffed with potato. It's a pretty easy dish to prepare and the big porto mushroom is really juicy!! One big mushroom is good enough for a serving.
Portobello mushroom stuffed with potato
(makes 4 servings)
A) 4 big portobello mushroom
B) Mashed potato
5 medium sized potato, skinned
7 baby carrots
50g bacon bits
2 small onions, diced
1 tbsp butter
1/2 cup milk
seasoning: salt, black pepper, mixed herbs/ rosemary
75g mozzarella & cheddar cheese
- Rinsed and dry the mushrooms with kitchen towel gently. Set aside.
- Boil potato in a pot of boiling water for about 5 mins, or until the potato is soft enough to be mashed. Mash potato using fork in a bowl and set aside.
- Boil broccoli and carrots in a pot of boiling water for about 3 mins. Diced the broccoli and carrots, set aside.
- In a pan with some olive oil, sauteed the small onions for couple of minutes and add in bacon bits. It is ready when the bacon bits look slightly crispy.
- In a small pot, melt butter and add in milk until boiling. Add in seasonings and continue to boil for a minute. Leave to cool slightly.
- Add butter-milk to the mashed potato and mix well. (Adjust the amount of butter-milk to be added, you may need lesser depending on the moisture of potato.)
- Next, add diced broccoli, carrots and bacons bits to the mashed potato.
- Put 1 1/2 ice-cream scoops of mashed potato on the mushroom caps and slightly pressed down.
- Pour some olive oil in the pan, and lightly pan-fried the rounded side of the mushroom on low-medium heat for about 3-5 mins.
- Transfer the mushroom to the baking tray. Generously sprinkle cheese on top of the mashed potato/mushroom.
- Bake in pre-heated oven 175 deg C for 10 mins.
- Serve hot with a dollop of mashed potato at the side. Drizzle some truffle oil on the mushrooms.
I'm also submitting this post to the event Little Thumbs Up (July 2014 Event: Potato) - organised by Zoe (Bake for Happy Kids) and Mui Mui (My Little Favourite DIY) and hosted by Jasline (Foodie Baker)
Post a Comment