Monday, March 5, 2012

My boy turns 5!

Pardon my lack of update on this blog and though I still visit my favourite list of blogs, I seem to have lesser time to do so these days. Lesser time to bake as well. Hopefully I'll be freer come 2nd quarter of the year!

Today is an exceptional and joyous day, my boy turns 5 and he sure has grown and changed alot! Long before his birthday, he'd made many requests and threw ideas on how he wanted his celebration. Not one, but two parties; one with family members and another one in school. A Monopoly cake and an Angry Bird cake. Since AB cake is more readily available at the bakery, I did a Monopoly cake for the family celebration. I'd to bring out the Monopoly boardgame to mimick the details, not an easy feat since I had not been baking or playing with the fondant for a while :p And instead of name of places, my boy specifically and repeated reminded me that we should have our family members' name on the board. I'm pretty happy to know how much thoughts he put in for his party and everyone was pleasantly surprise to see their names on the cake. Even the peanut-butter cream for the chocolate-flavoured cake, which was an instant hit with the guests, was decided by the birthday boy. The at-least 3kg cake was 'wolfed' down and requests for 2nd servings/ 'ta-baoing' (packed) would made any baker a happy (wo)man.

My best wishes to my lovely darling to be ever so healthy, all-rounded and successful person. Not forgetting to have fun and smell the roses along the way <3<3<3



Here's some pictures on Zakris' Monopoly-themed 5th birthday party and cake.












With Feb's month Aspiring Bakers' deadline extended, I'm glad to be able to participate and therefore submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #16: Fun with Fondant! (February 2012) hosted by Yvonne of iceamericanos.

6 comments:

busygran said...

Happy Birthday to your son, Zakris! Pardon me if I got your boy's name wrong! That's quite a massive job, making the cake! I want to play monopoly too!

Passionate About Baking said...

It's gorgeous quizzine! This is despite not playing with fondant for a long time! I also want a monopoly cake! Happy 5th birthday to Zakris! He knows his mummy's standard, so he dares to request!

quizzine said...

Thanks Judy & Jane! Let's play Monopoly together !

Dumpling Love said...

Happy Birthday to your son!! That is an AMAZING cake!!

quizzine said...

Thanks, Dumpling Love!

lena said...

wow, this is super great, a monopoly fondant cake, it looks fantastic, first time seeing this !!