I'm copying the recipe here for ready reference.
Milo Brownie Pound Cake
(recipe below makes a 9" round cake, but I've halved the recipe to make a 6" round cake)
175g butter, room temperature
150g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
200g milo powder, extra 50g for dusting
40g cocoa powder
a pinch coffee granules
200g all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 pinch salt
1 tbsp salted butter, melted
1) Preheat oven to 175 deg C. Prepare a 9×9 inch springform baking tin by lining the bottom with grease proof paper and lightly coating the interior with olive oil. (I use 6" round tin and lined the bottom & sides)
2) Dissolve 100g of milo powder and coffee granules in milk. Heat it a little to allow it to dissolve quicker. Set it aside and allow it to cool completely.
3) In a large bowl, sift the flour, 100g of milo powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
4) In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and beat till just combined. Stir in the vanilla bean paste.
5) Add the flour mixture and milo milk alternately, starting with the flour mixture.
6) Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tin and spread it out to make sure it’s evenly spread. Bake the cake for 30-40 mins (nothing more as it will overcook!) and allow it to cool in the tin for 10 mins. (I baked mine at 170 deg C for 30 mins)
7) Carefully release the spring and invert the cake onto a cooling rack. Brush the top with the melted salted butter and dust with 50g of milo powder.
Post a Comment