Monday, June 9, 2008

Lemon Passionfruit Curd

I was reading the Sundaytimes and saw this receipe by Tan Hsueh Yun "Hunger Management", and the picture of tart with lemon and passionfruit curd is simply irresistible. I quickly know that this is something I must do it. I bought the passionfruit fresh from the supermarket, but I was simply too 'busy' baking my muffins till the passionfruit turns 'wrinkled' in the fridge.



I was thinking it's either the passionfruit really dried up and goes to the bin, if not, I've to do it really soon. The weekend is supposed to be good time to do any baking, but little zak always take up most, if not all, of my time. I started to grate the lemon zest, and zak keeps wanting me to carry and play with him. End up, I only finished grating the lemon zest in the evening when T is back from work. Luckily, the seemingly 'wrinkled' passionfruit is still very juicy inside.



My baking venture always has its 'mishap', this is no exception - I realised that my house runs out of sugar. So I 'pitifully' asked T to get a pack of sugar from nearby store - at 11pm! When I started putting all ingredients into the pot, I realised that the pot is too small for everything to be put in (oh no!), the mixture doesn't thicken after 20 minutes as the recipe says, there isn't proper glass jars in my house for me to store the end-product, etc.



Luckily, everything ends quite well! I'm going to use this curd for tarts, so till then, it is sitting in my fridge....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Asked your hubby to get a pack of sugar at 11pm ? LOL ! Life is like that, when you are really in a hurry, you can't catch the bus and forget your purse home.

Can you share how to make passionfruit curd ? I like passionfruit although many people don't like aroma and sour taste of it. I would like to have curd with plain bread