Ever since i baked a brownie cheesecake months back, i was looking out for other brownie cheesecake recipes which would yield creamy and fudgey texture. There are a few brownie recipes which i have found but yet to try, but this one caught my eye with its fabulous pictures and description of the cake! Although it is not exactly a brownie, but it did taste like one!
The outcome of cake is close to what I was looking for, except that i did not do a very good job with the swirls which resulted in a not-so-even mixed of chocolate and cheese. Furthermore, the butter used in the recipe seems way too much, hence it is not so healthy for a regular treat! However, i would want to give this recipe another try, except maybe to replace the chocolate portion with another chocolate recipe. Wonder how it would turn out?
250g cream cheese, softened
80g castor sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
120g plain flour
20g unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4tsp baking powder
250g unsalted butter, softened
120g castor sugar (reduced from 160g)
1/8 tsp salt
1 egg yolk
1. Preheat oven at 180 deg C.
2. Sift (B) and set aside.
3. Mix (C) till well incorporated. Set aside and use as the cream cheese batter.
4. Mix butter, sugar and salt of (A) till creamy. Add in eggs gradually till well-mixed. Fold in (B) till just blended. Set aside and use as chocolate batter.
5. Spoon both cream cheese and chocolate batter alternately onto lined 20x20cm cake tin, until both batters are used up. Swirl around the batter with knife or chopstick to create marble effect. Swirl enough to have a good mix of cheese and chocolate batter.
6. Make sure surface of batter is even before putting into oven and bake for 45 mins or till cooked through.
7. Remove cake from oven and let it rest in tin for 10mins before unmoulding. Let the cake cool completely on the cooling rack.
8. Store in airtight container once it's cooled or serve chilled.
Oh wow! This looks so good. I think I would really like this. Maybe I should just try it and use up the cream cheese in my fridge. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Yummy yummy...
Glad to hear you at least gave it a shot. Well, we don't make it too often because this is really not healthy ... Just once in a while when the craving strikes us. And about the chilling part of the cake, none of us do it except my dad because he likes it chilled! He thought chilled ones tasted like chocolate candies LOL (because of the harder texture!?)
Once again, thanks for stopping by my blog! Nice to know you! You know what, I was just salivating over your purple sweet potato bread! =)
What can be better than this chocolate and cream cheese combination? Truly yummy, heaven!
It's rather good except for the high butter content. I still got another block of cream cheese to try out again ;-)
Tks for dropping by here, and sharing your nice recipe. Yes, u can try out the purple sweet potato bread, they are soft and tasty. Hope you enjoy the bread too ;-)
It's true, no one can resist choco + cheese ;-)
Post a Comment