The recipe is very easy to prepare, and only require a mixing bowl and spatula.
Daisy Mocha Cookies
Recipe adapted from Agnes Chang "I Can Bake"
(A) 250g butter
120g castor sugar
1 egg yolk
1 1/2tsp coffee paste
(B) 420g plain flour, sifted
60g chocolate rice
Decoration: Some chocolate chips
1) Put all ingredients A into a mixing bowl and cream till well combined.
2) Mix in ingredients B and form into a firm pliable dough.
3) Place the dough in between 2 layers of grease-proof paper and roll it to 3mm thick.
4) Cut with daisy-shaped cookie cutter and arrange the shapes on a greased baking tray. Decorate each centre with a chocolate chip.
5) Bake in pre-heated oven at 180 deg C for about 15 - 20 mins, till lightly brown. Leave to cool before storing.
1) I reduced the sugar to 100g and level of sweetness is just right for me.
2) I replaced the coffee paste with 1 1/2tsp hot water and 2tsp nescafe granules, as I didn't want to buy the coffee paste which I know I will hardly use.
3) Work on a small portion of dough at a time, and put the remaining dough in the fridge. It's much easier to work with the dough when they are just out of the fridge.
Verdict: The cookies are crunchy & crispy, the coffee taste is mild and not over-powering. For a non-cookie person, I don't mind eating them at all. T prefers this over the Sugi cookies.
I'm also submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #3: My Favourite CNY Cookies hosted by j3ss kitch3n.
i can almost smell the coffee! looks great esther!
I love anything with coffee. These cookies look yummy and pretty. Thanks for sharing and will bookmark to try.
I like coffee cookies. Yours are so pretty! I'm bookmarking this. :)
How cute! Now I know how else I can use my pineapple tart cutter :) Thanks!
these cookies must be smell real nice, and looks delicious too.
All your cookies look so cute and yummy!
Coffee-flavoured cookies are lovely to smell as well as to eat! Don't mind having some! :P
Tks and didn't realise the aroma has reached u!
Indeed they are pretty to look at, and hope u like the recipe (>.*)
Hi Small Small Baker,
Hope u like the recipe and do let me how it turn out for u ;-))
I didn't realise u are using the same cutter for the pineapple tarts. I bet they will turn out as pretty as your pineapple tarts!
Tks! Actually the smell and taste of coffee is rather mild, but nice!
Tks and hope to churn out more cute & yummy cookies for this festive season! Btw, I'm waiting to see your post on pineapple tarts!!
I don't mind sharing with you :))
I made this too yesterday.
I dont like the chocolate rice, i think i will omit it next time.
That's exactly what my colleague said. Are u my colleague?
Post a Comment