With some left-over pandan coconut milk from the earlier baking of chiffon cake, I wanted to bake something simple and easy. These will be for our tea-time and tomorrow's breakfast.
65g cake flour, sifted
35g rice flour, sifted
40ml Pandan coconut milk
20g corn oil
1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 170 deg C.
- Boil pandan coconut milk, oil and salt in a small pot over low fire, till few bubbles start to appear on the surface. Set aside to cool.
- In a cake mixer, beat eggs and sugar until pale and thick.
- Add in flour and mix till combined, either using mixer on low speed or using spatula. Do not over mix.
- Add in pandan coconut milk into batter and mix well. Do not over mix.
- Using ice-cream scoop, fill up lined mini cupcake holders with batter upto 90%.
- Bake for 15 mins at 170 deg C. Remove and let cool on wire rack.
I did some doodlings using 2 tbsp of batter and 1 tsp of cocoa powder, mix well. I used the cake tester to draw on the mini sponge cakes. These are specially reserved for my lil boy!
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (August 2014 Event: Flour) - organised by Bake for Happy Kids and My Little Favourite DIY, and hosted by Diana from Domestic Goddess Wannabe.
The slight greenish tinge of your cakes is really pretty! Thank you for linking up! :)
You can never go wrong with Pandan flavor.
The pastel green of your cakes looks great.
Thanks for sharing this to LTU.
Hi diana & mui mui,
Post a Comment