Crispy pandan waffles
(makes 8 waffles)
1 egg, separated
1 cup coconut milk
1/6 cup coconut oil
1/4 tsp pandan paste
1/4 tsp buttermilk flavour
3/4 cup plain flour
1/4 cup corn flour
1/2 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- Boil coconut milk, coconut oil, pandan paste, buttermilk flavour and salt in a small pot. Ready when small bubbles form. Set aside to cool.
- Lightly whisk plain flour, corn flour and baking powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk egg white until foamy and add in sugar, continue whisking until stiff peak.
- Add coconut milk mixture to egg yolk and mix well.
- Add flour into the coconut mixture and stir.
- Fold in 1/3 egg white to the coconut/flour mixture. Fold another 1/3 egg white to the mixture. Add the remaining egg white to the mixture, and be careful not to deflate them.
- Pour the batter onto the pre-heated & pre-oiled waffle maker.
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up (August 2014 Event: Flour) - organised by Bake for Happy Kids and My Little Favourite DIY, and hosted by Diana from Domestic Goddess Wannabe.