Our second weekends that we are staying at home due to our little one's HFMD. Although the spots are cleared, we have not gotten the doctor to certify he's alright to return to school. Anyway, before heading back to school, we have to check whether there's any new cases in his school, better don't take anymore chances like what we did. I bet the happiest person is zak, of course! He's not excited at all to go to school, neither does he miss his friends or teachers. It's still tough getting him to school every morning, after 11 months!
Instead of porridge, instant noodles or fried mee tai mak which we had been cooking for our lunches, I made a pizza today! Pizza toppings are whatever we fancy, shitake mushrooms, pineapples, ham, cherry tomatoes, and of course, mozarella cheese (lots of them)! Cold Storage sells value shredded mozarella cheese at less than $3 for 150g, that's quite a bargain and no wastage if just making one pizza.
We fell on the late breakfast - very late lunch cycle, and by the time the pizza was ready we were all quite hungry. We almost gobbled down the 11" pizza in less than an hour. Don't we have a big appetite - 2 adults 1 toddler?
250g bread flour, sifted
1 tsp instant yeast
1 tsp caster sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Put all ingredients into a mixing bowl and with a dough hook, knead to form a soft pliable dough.
2. Leave covered with cling wrap and damp cloth till dough double in size.
3. Roll out dough to fit pizza pan. The dough fit nicely to my 11" ikea pie dish.
4. Bake dough in pre-heated oven at 220 deg C for 10 mins.
5. Remove from oven and prepare toppings.
(*quantity depends on individual's preference)
Shitake mushroom, sliced & sauteed
Canned pineapples, cubed
Pinic ham, cut into small squares
Cherry tomatoes, diced
150g shredded mozarella cheese
1. Spread pasta sauce generously on the pizza base.
2. Next, spread half of mozarella cheese and followed by all ingredients.
3. Add the balance mozarella cheese and put back to the oven and continue to bake for another 10 mins at 220 deg C.
4. Slice and ready to serve.
I never make pizza before. Always eat out at pizza hut when craving for it. Yours look delish !.. :)
Tks! Although this pizza is not perfect, the freshness of base and ingredients made up for it! Thumbs up for homemade pizza ;-)
This sure looks like store-bought pizza. I would have love to eat it too! Looks really good...
I hope your little one is feeling better.
Great pizza! Thanks for sharing :)
I would love to share this pizza with u too!
Thankfully my boy has fully recovered and back to school since yesterday ;-) Hope u like this pizza too!
Post a Comment