The last time i baked some chocolate cupcakes, it shrinked till so small that i can't decorate with it. I've kept them in the freezer thinking to turn them into rum balls and these are what i'd done when my little baby is taking his afternoon nap.
300g sponge cake
20g sugar powder
1 tsp rum (to increase to have a stronger rum flavour)
150g Semi-sweet chocolate
1. Break the sponge cake into crumbs using hand.
2. Put butter and sugar powder into mixing bowl. Beat on low speed until well mixed, and turn to high speed and beat until mixture turns pale yellow and fluffy.
3. Add the rum and butter cream into cake crumbs and mix well to form a dough.
4. Weigh about 20g dough and roll into balls. Put in the fridge for about an hour.
5. Melt chocolate in microwave, about 2-3 mins on mid-heat.
6. Dip the balls into the chocolate and drip any excess. To decorate, roll on chocolate sprinkles, or hundreds & thousands or mini hearts.
Good idea especially with left over cakes. Must try. It looks cute :)
Yes, definitely a good way to 'salvage' left-over cakes! Hope to see these balls in your blog-space soon ;-)
Post a Comment