I'm sort of addicted to baking chiffon cake these days, especially after seeing each of them rise and brown so nicely. They are also easy to bake and because they feel so light, I feel less guilty eating more of them. I also have a big family to share my
The crunch from the almond flakes give a nice twist to an ordinary orange chiffon cake.
(yields 23cm chiffon tin)
5 egg yolk
100ml fresh orange juice (from 2 1/2 oranges)
orange zest from 2 oranges
50g unsalted butter, melted
1/8 tsp salt
60g cake flour, sifted,
30g rice flour, sifted
5 egg white
75g caster sugar
1 tsp corn flour
- Mix orange juice, melted butter and salt in a bowl and stir.
- Using hand-mixer or whisk, add in orange juice mixture to egg yolk and mix well.
- Add in flour and whisk till smooth batter. Add in orange zest and mix well. Set aside.
- Mix sugar and corn flour, set aside.
- Use a cake mixer, whisk egg white till foamy and add in sugar/corn flour gradually.
- Whisk egg white till stiff peak.
- Turn cake mixer to low (KA 2) and slowly pour in egg yolk mixture to egg white. Continue whisking till well combined.
- Pour batter into a 23cm tube pan, smooth the surface. Add almond flakes on top of the batter.
- Bang the tube pan on the table top for a few times.
- Place pan into a preheated 150 deg C fan-oven and bake for 45 mins (23cm chiffon tin).
- Remove from oven, invert cake onto table top.
- Leave it cool completely before removing from tin.
Post a Comment