Cooking a meal for my lil boy has been the only motivation why more thoughts and efforts are put in, if I'm home alone, I'll go for instant noodles anytime (equally delicious but unhealthy, isn't it?)
Linguine (as I don't have spaghetti)
4 gloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
cracked black pepper
a dash of mixed herbs (as I don't have parsley)
thin asparagus, optional
- In a pot of hot water, add 1 tsp salt, boil pasta per instruction indicated on box.
- Drained and toss some olive oil to prevent pasta from sticking (if not cooking immediately). Reserve some pasta water.
- In a pan, pan-fried salmon. Using fork, loosely breakup the salmon. Set aside.
- In the same pan, with some salmon oil left-over, add 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil.
- Add in minced garlic and stir fry till fragrant and lightly brown, about 1 - 2 mins.
- Add in asparagus and fry for another 1 - 2 mins, or 80% cooked. Season with some black pepper, mixed herbs, and salt.
- Add in pasta and continue frying for about 2 mins. Add 1-2 tbsp pasta water and let it simmer till sauce reduced, giving it an occasional stir. Takes about another 2 mins.
- Turn off heat and add in salmon, and give it a few stirs to mix salmon with the pasta.
- Ready to serve.