I always wanted to bake something with pineapples and coconut. And when I have balance canned pineapples after making pizza and coconut milk after baking pandan chiffon cake, it was a good time to clear the fridge too! It also had been a long time since I last baked muffins and this quick and easy recipe yields a very moist and coconut-y one!
Pineapple coconut muffins
(recipe from Serious Eats, with modifications. Makes 18 muffins)
113g (4 ounces) unsalted butter, soft
175g castor sugar (reduced, can increase to 200g if you want it sweet)
1/4 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup plain yogurt
100g desiccated coconut (to reduce to 75g), leave some to sprinkle on top of muffin
195g plain flour
2 1/2tsp baking powder
240g (1 cup) drained pineapple cubes/ slices, chopped
- Line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Beat butter with sugar and salt in a large bowl until creamy.
- Whisk in eggs, one by one, until combined.
- Add in coconut milk and desiccated coconut and whisk till combined.
- Add in sifted flour and baking powder and whisk till combined.
- Stir in chopped pineapples. Do not over-mix.
- Scoop batter into muffin cup and sprinkle desiccated coconut on top.
- Bake at pre-heated oven 180 deg C for 20 mins - 22 mins.
- Cool on wire rack.