Easy vegetarian cream sauce linguine
(serve 2 person)
linguine or any pasta
1/5 yellow onion
1 small clove garlic
7 shiitake mushrooms
6 strawberry tomatoes
dash of mixed herbs
1/2 cup cream or heavy cream
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup water
1 tsp corn flour + 2 tbsp water
1-2 tbsp pasta cheese or mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling water with a tsp of salt. Drain and set aside. Drizzle with some olive oil and give it a few tosses.
- Heat up the pan and saute the yellow onion until translucent and golden. Add in garlic and fry until slightly brown.
- Add in mushroom, and sprinkle with some salt, mixed herbs and black pepper to taste. Fry until mushroom turn soft.
- Add in broccoli and fry until slightly soft, about 2-3 minutes.
- Next add in tomatoes and give it a few stirs.
- In the same pan and on medium-high heat, pour in heavy cream, milk and water. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let the sauce boil before slowly adding corn flour/ water mixture, and continue stirring at the same time.
- When the mixture is boiled, add in cheese and give it a quick stir. Turn off the heat, add in the pasta and give it a good toss.
- Ready to serve.