Pumpkin ondeh ondeh
(Recipe modified from previous Sweet potato ondeh ondeh)
200g pumpkin puree
200g glutinous rice flour
10 tbsp water or less (depends on the moisture of pumpkin)
1.5 tsp corn oil
chopped pieces of gula melaka
freshly grated coconut (without skin)
- Steam pumpkin till soft.
- Steam grated coconut for about 5-10 mins. When ready, sprinkle a little salt over the grated coconut. (This will prevent the grated coconut from turning bad/rancid.) Set aside.
- In a bowl, mash pumpkin and add in glutinous flour and oil.
- Slowly add in water and knead till smooth dough is formed. Add more water if dough is dry. If dough is too sticky, add more glutinous rice flour.
- Chop gula melaka to bite size.
- Dust hand with some glutinous rice flour, divide dough (about 15-20g each) and wrap in the gula melaka (about 1 tsp or as much as you can to get ooze-sensation).
- Put wrapped balls into big pot of boiling water. The balls are ready when it floats on the surface of water.
- Toss on plate filled with grated coconut.
- Ready to be served.
Post a Comment