(recipe adapted from The recipe critic with modification, serves 2 person)
70g farfalle (or any pasta)
1/4 cup cream or heavy cream
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
fresh diced parsley or dried flakes (I omit)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (I omit)
bacon (I omit)
2 slices of picnic ham
- Cook pasta in a pot of boiling water. Drain and set aside.
- Beat the eggs, cream, parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and the red pepper together in a bowl using fork.
- Fry the bacon until crisp (if using), then crumble and set aside.
- Saute the onion and the mushrooms until the onions are translucent and golden. Add asparagus and ham and continue frying for 1-2 minutes.
- Add pasta to the onions and mushrooms. Pour cream mixture into the pasta, and stir over low heat for 1-2 minutes. Add some pasta water if the sauce gets too thick. (Do not cook on high heat or you will make scrambled eggs.)
- Serve with additional parmesan cheese and some cracked black pepper.