The avocado taste is not evident but still the cake is good especially when they are warm and the chia seeds give the cake a slightly crunchy bite. With avocado as fats replacement and chia seeds added, this is definitely a healthier version of cake-without-guilt.
(recipe from Rumbling Tummy, originally from Food Me Over)
50g unsalted butter
125g small avocado
180g caster sugar
4 eggs, separate
100g plain flour
50g chia seeds
50g almond flour
2 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp lemon juice
- Puree avocado with lemon juice until creamy.
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add avocado puree to butter/ sugar mixture and beat until creamy.
- Add egg yolk , one at a time, until well combined.
- Fold in sifted flour and baking powder, almond flour and chia seeds to the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg white with a pinch of salt, till stiff.
- Gently fold into egg yolk batter.
- Pour into greased pan and bake in pre-heated oven 160 deg C for 50 mins.